Pong 1: Full Report (Nate)

Before Pong-Report in January 2017, Joe and I played a 4-way FFA game with a very fast timer in order to ensure that we finished the entire game in one night. It was a fun game, but the short timer was maddening and lots of mistakes were made by everyone. I posted a rough report on Facebook, which I reproduce below.


Pong 1 World Map as visible to me (Arabia, Green) near the end of the game.

P-P Civ 1 was a ton of fun, but I played a terrible game. I lost something like 5-6 units to barbarians in the south. Every time I thought I pacified them, another wave arose. My primary strategy was to focus on science and spread my religion to neighbors, but the only neighbor I found was ultra religious, ultra powerful Gorgo (Greece). I slammed into her religious production and stalled. I shifted focuses and tried to expand into all the free-space near me, but barbs really slowed my progress. I eventually explored around Greece and found Pete (America), but he was expanding faster than I could and had a strong navy. Not much later, Joe (India) finished off Russia and found me. A fleet a monsters came from the darkness to the northwest before I could prepare anything and wiped me out without a fight. I held one city in the end, but time ran out and we called it a night with Joe victorious by score.

Turn 10 - I played a random civ and got Arabia, one of my favorites, but the island start wasn't looking very promising. Arabia needs neighbors to work right.

Turn 18 - the first of nearly a dozen barbarian camps that would appear to my south. I had a ton of fun fighting wars with the savages, but it totally defined my game.

Turn 19 - This is what most of my game looked like.

Turn 71 - I find Pete (America)! He was on an island too but on the other side of super Gorgo (AI).

Turn 83 - Yup. More barbarians in the south.

Turn 99 - I got a colony up an running on Greece with 3 iron tiles, but it took a lot of work to clear the barbarians necessary to settle it. Pete (America) is starting to loom large in the east.

Turn 118 - Pete's frigates arrive. His navy is gobbling up Greece without much resistance.

Turn 127 - The first sign of the Indian horde appears on the horizon.

Turn 130 - Death comes swiftly.

Turn 133 - The Indian horde outside my capital.

Turn 139 - Aleppo becomes my new capital where my government in exile sets up.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game 14 - Gamechat

Ping 2 - Gamechat

Pong 13 - Gamechat